Sunday, April 24, 2011

Boys will be Boys

Boys will be boys. That's what people say. But what if your boy isn't a typical boy? My little man never climbed out of a crib or put himself in any kind of serious danger. At 18 months when all the boys were jumping off of things, Jake was playing with a peg board or lining up his cars in color order. Instead of soccer, he likes dancing. Instead of superheroes, he likes playing dress up. There is nothing wrong with my little boy. He is just a boy being a little boy. He is a creative boy and sometimes I feel like so much of the creativity in kids' parties is targeted towards girls. But then I stumbled upon a website that features parties for every kind of boy - the rough and tumble to the not-so rough and tumble.

http://www.spaceshipsandlaserbeams.com features amazing boys' party ideas from all over the web. And just to make the site a little sweeter, they have a beautiful etsy shop that sells printables for all of your boy party needs so that your boy's party can be as unique as he is.

Here are some of my favorites:
boy's non-scary monster party


boy's vintage race car party








chutes and ladders/game party

Here are some of the awesome products from their amazing etsy shop - I wish I would have discovered this before Jake's birthday party. Maybe next year...

non-scary monster party


outer space/alien/robot party


construction crew party


football/kick-off party (check out the hamburger cupcakes)!
There are so many cool party supplies for sale -from the invites to the cupcake holders. Check it out: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SpaceshipsLaserBeams

3 comments:

  1. Sounds just like my 5 year old boy! Have you seen their bayou party? It's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to check it out! thanks for commenting. Gotta love those little boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Jacob and Darren are pretty much the same little boys. In summary, they're awesome.

    ReplyDelete